There are reputable online prescription shops, but there are also some that run from less than honest to literally what’s referred to as “the Black Market”. It isn’t like on tv shows where it’s a seedy shop or meeting someone and doing a handoff- the internet brings transactions right into your home.
In the last year alone, there has been a scourge of fake online pharmacies! Not only is it disturbing to think you may get counterfeit or substandard fertility medications, but they may steal your identity as well!
Video: Testcard from Notre Dame: Each year, fake or substandard medications kill more than 300,000 people worldwide:
So for your protection there are guidelines to follow when buying fertility medicines from online pharmacies so you do not get scammed.
Tips for spotting an disreputable Online Pharmacy
If you buy from an online pharmacy like IVFPrescriptions, make sure:
- The online pharmacy is fully licensed
- The online pharmacy uses a licensed pharmacist to fill your prescription
- The online pharmacy needs a prescription or it will not sell medication
- The pharmacy uses only FDA approved suppliers for their medications
- The pharmacy guarantees that there are no substitutions
- IVF meds from a reputable pharmacy will have unique batch numbers
- Fertility medications from a reputable online pharmacy will have an expiration date with a good amount of time left showing the medicine is fresh
- The pharmacy has visible contact information. A reputable online pharmacy will have 7 day live customer service through a phone, like IVFPrescriptions, with same day contact. If communication is only texting through instant messages, beware.
- An online pharmacy should display the fertility medication process, not “call for prices/total.” Usually, that means they have to see what they can get a hold of. A legitimate pharmacy will have inventory and reliable suppliers to order from.
- To compare current fertility medication prices use GoodRX or eDrugSearch.
- Pharmacies that are honest about where the medications are manufactured. On counterfeit pharmacy sites, they make claims like “100% USA made” which is impossible. The FDA states that the active ingredients which make up 80% of most drugs consist of ingredients synthesized in other countries.
Video: Fertility Drugs Being Sold On Black Market
Using FDA standards, the best suppliers, and fast shipping with 24 hour customer service has made IVFPrescriptions.com the leader in online pharmacies specializing in fertility medications.
To show our appreciation we are having a Customer Appreciation month in November with a month of discounts and freebies, so look for our “Black Friday All Month Long” campaign coming soon!!